Friday 2 November 2007

Free Rice

I was going to talk about knitting & probably still will but I found this today & wanted to share it. Basically, you guess the meaning of a word & when you get it right, the advertisers pay for 10 grains of rice to be distributed through the United Nations World Food Program. This has got to be a good thing - go check it out!!
As I'm going to be blogging every day, I guess now is a good time to show off some of my finished items. I'm going to start with the second thing I ever knitted which was a lace scarf, not the best idea ever as I found out afterwards that I was twisting all my stitches - nothing like a challenge eh?


So, here it is, in all it's glory in the wild. The pattern was a free one from Get Knitted with the Kidsilk Haze to make it . It may have been 1 or 2 balls, it was a while ago & the colour is discontinued now.

Check out that lovely frill - I think that's my favourite bit of the scarf!!

No comments: